I completed a Proust Questionnaire a couple of years ago on another, now defunct blog. I forget most of my answers. If you remember that post, maybe you can let me know how much I have changed. I figure there’s some overlap.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? A cup of coffee and music that suits the mood.
2. What is your greatest fear? Decaf.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Frustration with inattentive drivers.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Inattentive driving.
5. Which living person do you most admire? Dalai Lama.
6. What is your greatest extravagance? I spent an hour in a sensory deprivation tank earlier this week and think I might be hooked on losing myself.
7. What is your current state of mind? Pithy.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Certainty.
9. On what occasion do you lie? I’m good at coming up with excuses when my curling shots don’t go as planned.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Cowlicks when I wear my hair too short.
11. Which living person do you most despise? I don’t like intolerance or its enablers.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Rolling with the punches.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Rolling with the punches.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? These days it’s yoga and sensory deprivation tanks.
16. When and where were you happiest? Now.
17. Which talent would you most like to have? Developing a compelling narrative arc.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? These last fifteen pounds.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Sobriety.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? A mountain breeze.
21. Where would you most like to live? I’m happy where I am, as long as it will have me.
22. What is your most treasured possession? My health.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Stuck at a red light when you have to use the restroom.
24. What is your favorite occupation? Postal worker.
25. What is your most marked characteristic? A tolerance for spicy foods.
26. What do you most value in your friends? Rolling with the punches.
27. Who are your favorite writers? Willie Nelson.
28. Who is your hero of fiction? Bugs Bunny.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Job.
30. Who are your heroes in real life? People who want just the right amount.
31. What are your favorite names? I like to look at maps and think about towns I’ve never been to.
32. What is it that you most dislike? Hate.
33. What is your greatest regret? I used to think too much. I wish I stopped sooner.
34. How would you like to die? Not yet and mostly painlessly.
35. What is your motto? Um.